GAPINGVOID CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a license agreement between you and Gapingvoid Culture Design Group that explains how you can use visuals that you license from us. By downloading content from any Gapingvoid site, you accept the terms of this agreement.
What types of licenses does Gapingvoid offer?
Gapingvoid offers two types of licenses: standard and corporate. Every file downloaded from Gapingvoid comes with a standard license. A corporate license give you additional rights in exchange for an additional license fee. Unless you purchase a corporate license, your use of content is subject to the standard license terms.
You are welcome to use watermarked/Visual Example content from the Gapingvoid site on a complimentary basis for test or sample (comp) use only. Watermarked/Visual Example content cannot be used in any final materials or any publicly available materials and may only be used for the 15 days following download.
How can I use licensed content?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see Restricted Uses below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by Gapingvoid are:
- Perpetual - meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Non-exclusive - meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Gapingvoid can license the same content to other customers.
- Limited - meaning you can use the content in on any of your personal or work devices but it cannot be shared with others (see corporate license for more information)
For purposes of this agreement, "use" means to display content for use on, your personal or work devices and web and mobile meeting applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Webex, GoToMeeting, Skype, etc.
Please make sure you read the Restricted Uses section below for exceptions.
- No Unlawful Use. You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory, or any other unlawful manner.
- No Commercial Use - You may not use content for any commercial, promotional, advertorial, endorsement, advertising, or merchandising purpose.
- No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- No Use in Trademark or Logo. You may not use content as part of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
- No Products for Resale. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on any media), DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes "on-demand" products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom-designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com)
- No Electronic Templates. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
Who, besides me, can use the licensed content?
The rights granted to you are non-transferable and no sub-licenses, meaning that you cannot transfer or sublicense them to anyone else.
The exception is for Corporate Licenses:
Employer or client. If you are purchasing on behalf of your employer or client, then your employer or client can use the content. In that case, you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to bind your employer or client to the terms of this agreement. If you do not have that authority, then your employer or client may not use the content.
Are there any user license restrictions?
Yes. The standard license is for a single user. Unless you purchase a corporate or extended license, you may not store the content on a server (giving more than one person simultaneous access to the content). If you need more than a single user to access the content you much purchase a corporate license.
NUMBER OF PERMITTED USERS
1 user can access, download and use content
Unlimited users within an organization. Ability to save content on organization servers.
Extended License for Gapingvoid Visuals
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Who owns the content?
All of the licensed content is owned by Gapingvoid Culture Design Group, LLC.